11/05/2007

from Candidate Chris Smithson

An Open Letter to the Citizens of Southern Pines

At the urging of friends and neighbors, I decided to enter this race to pursue the issues I care deeply about: Responsible growth; Neighborhood safety, protection and preservation; Strengthening our infrastructure; Supporting our Hometown Businesses and, most importantly, inclusion of all of our Citizens in Town planning and decision-making.

In my view, this is a logical continuation of my public service and an opportunity to use the knowledge and experience I’ve gained on the Council and as the son and grandson of two former Councilmen.

Your concerns have been my number one priority. I will continue to make it a policy to be accessible as possible, to attend community meetings, to take your calls, to answer your emails, to explain my position on issues and to ensure that all Citizens are an integral part of charting our Town’s future.

As a third generation resident and business owner, my roots go deep in this community. I’ve witnessed dramatic changes over the years, but none more dramatic than the development pressures that face our community today. Southern Pines is truly at a Crossroads. We need informed, independent, open leadership to guide our Town through these crucial times.

How that happens and what it looks like will depend on the quality of our Town leadership and citizen involvement.

I ask for your vote on Tuesday, November 6th. I pledge to honor your support by continuing to work hard, listen to the people, study the issues and make decisions that are in the best interests of the people, not special interests.

Sincerely,
~Chris

VOTE FOR SMITHSON ON NOV. 6th

A MAYOR FOR THE PEOPLE

_____________________________________

“Voters should make Chris Smithson their choice for Mayor. He will place the health, safety and welfare of residents before any special interests. ”

~ David Woodruff, SP Town Council

No comments: