2/06/2008

More from Big Pharma

[from blog reader Bonnie]

I'm writing to you about this because it affects me greatly and it will affect many, many others.

Bowing to pressure from Wyeth, a big Pharmaceutical company, the FDA is asserting a new policy to deny women's access to biodentical hormones.

If this policy is enforced, federal regulators will deny hundreds of thousands of women access to many commonly compounded hormone replacement therapies.

Federal regulators will decide what medicines you can take instead of you and your doctor.

They will make it mandatory that you take the synthetic drugs that companies like Wyeth produce. Wyeth makes the hormone Premarin, a drug made from the urine of pregnant horses. This is the drug that was the most widely prescribed hormone in the country until so many women began to beg for another solution due to side effects. Wyeth wants to stop you from being able to choose another, more effective and less harmful medication.

Please, even if this does not affect you directly, take action. Many women like me will be hurt by this. If I am denied my compounded thyroid hormone, I will become very, very ill.

Here is the link: http://www.iacprx.org/site/PageServer?pagename=P2C2

I have called my representatives. It's easy, the web site will give you the numbers to call. And they listened.

This may be just the beginning of this kind of action. We have to stop it.

No comments: