3/28/2008

Sierra Club Endorses Besse

Sierra Club: Besse the "champion of environmental stewardship"
Friends,
I'm pleased and excited to receive the Sierra Club's endorsement for Lieutenant Governor.

In announcing their support, the Sierra Club's North Carolina Political Committee chair, Chris Dowdle, said, "Dan Besse has distinguished himself as a champion of environmental stewardship."

And I really appreciate what the Sierra Club said about why I got their support: "The Sierra Club notes that several other candidates for Lt. Governor have expressed similar commitment to key conservation issues, but chose to endorse Mr. Besse because he has a long-established record of action on environmental issues." (Emphasis added.)

In other words, I have the Sierra Club's support because I'm the environmental candidate with the record to prove it.

Getting the nod from America's oldest and largest grassroots environmental organization inspired me to record my thoughts on how I got into advocacy for a clean and green environment in the first place. Our volunteer video whiz Frank has done his usual great job with that, and here's the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9hScPittM
As I say in the video, this big endorsement from the Sierra Club, added to the earlier endorsement from the Conservation PAC, gives me a "clean sweep" of support from our state's citizen environmental advocates.

My thanks go to all these folks who also care deeply for our clean water and air, our green and productive land, and our people's health. I won't let you down. These are gifts that we hold in trust for out children, and their children, and all future generations.

As North Carolina's next Lieutenant Governor, I pledge to do all that I can to see that we honor that trust and meet our responsibility for our children's future.

Dan

Dan Besse
Democrat for Lieutenant Governor


Dan Besse 2008
www.danbesse2008.org


Email paid for by Dan Besse 2008.
PO. 15346
Winston-Salem, NC 27113

No comments: