10/10/2006

Blog Reader Walks in Utah

[remember the soldier who's walking across Utah to protest the war? This is from our Sonia.]

"I walked with the soldier today. I didn't take my camera and glad because it would have seemed too cheesy.

"It breaks my heart, he's so young. Met his brother and one other soldier, it was a small group. Gave them peaches from my garden. I found their location by e-mailing his wife, who gave me his cell phone number. My friend and I--the only person who could drop everything and join me--got to meet them. I'm ready to walk across America.

"Told them about you. They asked how I found out about them. Wow, from NC, so the word must be getting around, they told me.

"I must bug the media here. He's a home grown Utahan.

"One of the most meaningful acts an adult can do is to inspire a child to do great things." Sonia

No comments: