8/02/2007

For Lieutanant Governor

Many of you already know me through our shared involvement in progressive causes across North Carolina over the past 30 years.

Experienced leaders and activists such as you hardly need to be reminded of the critical challenges facing North Carolina now and in the coming years.

Explosive development, high dropout rates, air and water pollution, and a lack of basic health care access among our most vulnerable populations are only a few of the issues facing not only North Carolina's policy makers, but each and every one of us.

I'm Dan Besse, and I am running for the office of Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina because I am passionate about meeting these challenges and I am committed to positive change in our state. I have the hands-on experience as a public interest advocate and as an elected official to be effective as a voice for change. While many candidates are "talking green" this year, I have a proven commitment to living my beliefs through a 30 year career dedicated to environmental stewardship and social justice.

I KNOW we can solve these problems—but not if we continue to allow our choices to be limited by the deep pockets who financially out-shout reasoned voices for real progress. This election season, we have a grand opportunity to break away from politics as usual, and put a real progressive Democrat into statewide executive leadership.

To make that happen, I need to ask for your support. Please visit my website, www.danbesse2008.org, and explore my detailed background. Read my issue pages. Contact me directly with your questions and ideas. If you like what you learn, let your friends know.

2008 can be a watershed year in North Carolina. Our state is changing, and our policies and leaders need to change to meet those challenges. Politics as usual won't do.

Together, we can make "politics as usual" the way things USED to be done in North Carolina.

Dan Besse

Democrat for Lieutenant Governor

P.O. Box 15346
Winston-Salem, NC 27113

www.danbesse2008.org

No comments: